At this point on time, if we peep into the stats, thousands of students are studying B.Ed. from IGNOU. With this, you can analyze the worth and validity of the degree. The degree obtained from the institute seizes soundness and legitimacy both. Therefore, you should not sit back thinking about this prospect from now. B.Ed. from IGNOU will nurture your career with new openings and worldwide recognition.
Furthermore, the program stands on teaching and learning course of action at the extreme levels. The objectives of the program reflect on the areas of developing the education of the country and comprehending with the paradigm shift.
Why should you choose to study B.ed only from IGNOU?
To carve your career in education and teaching, B.ed will become the unconditional support. Well, when you are choosing any institution for the said degree, many thoughts come in mind. IGNOU has the lot needed for one to fasten the career.
- The admission process in the university will not let you fall in the game of tussle. There will be a simple admission form submission and an entrance examination.
- The fee structure for the course is affordable with instalment and scholarship benefits.
- The availability of printed materials is a boon for the students as it is in the self-instructional format.
- Assignments and counselling sessions planned by IGNOU are for the betterment of the students to develop their teaching skills and activity growth.
- Audio-video programs are provided for the better understanding of the B.ed courses.
When we look at the structure of the B.ed course, it depicts an instructional system with multi-media support. The selected students are on the bridge to uphold their career by and after the course completion.
Eligibility criteria for getting admission in B.ed program of IGNOU
The admission procedure is based on the entrance examination, plus there are several eligibility rules, without which no candidate will be allowed for the enrolment.
- The applicant must hold wither Bachelor or Master’s degree from any of the following stream with 50% marks minimum –
- Social Science
- If you are holding a Bachelor degree from Technology or Engineering stream along with Maths as well as Science specialisation, then a minimum of 55% is required.
Eligible candidates must have
- Finished NCTE recognised face to face teacher education program
- Have successfully completed training in the elementary education of service teachers
Reservation criteria for B.ed in IGNOU
- As per the central government rules, selected candidates (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) will be given 5% marks relaxation/reservation within the minimum eligibility
- The university has specified rules of reservation for Kashmiri migrant and war widow.
- If you are having a Master’s degree in the absence of first defer, then the university will allow you for any academic studies.
Process to fill B.ed Application Form in IGNOU
To study B.ed in this particular university, you will have first fill the application form. Avoiding this step will not allow you with regards to the admissions. Later from submitting the form, the entrance examination will be conducted by the University for the Final Selection.
- Start with the registration Reach to the main website of the university and create your account.
- The details for the account creation will include name, name of the father, email id (valid), mobile number, date of birth, etc., user name with password.
- Login to your account
- Pack the details entered in your account creation, i.e. user name and password.
- Fill the application form of B.ed
- Select B.ed application form and get going with the asked information one by one with utmost carefulness.
- Time to upload the documents and make the payment
- There is a list of documents that you have to upload along with scanned photographs and signature.
- Now, you will come to the payment option, choose the one as per your convenience and proceed. The fee to submit for the application form is 600 Rs with no refund option.
- Kindly, re-validate every point, documents and details before submitting the form. It is for the reason, no edits or re-checking will be allowed after you press the submit button.
With these steps, you will have to spend only a few minutes for the application form to get submitted for further processing. At this stage, you should not put out of your mind taking the print outs of the application form. Remember, the application forms are accepted only through online mode.
Documents Needed for the Application Form Submission
- Any valid identity card for proof such as EPIC number, Aadhar card, PAN, Passport or Ration card
- Mark sheet of 10th, 12th and graduation
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- The total B.ed course fee is Rs 50,000.
- Don’t worry; there is no age limitation for the students who want to appear for B.ed.
The Program Structure Core of B.ed in IGNOU
To study B.ed from IGNOU, it is vital to get familiar with the program structure. If you are lacking behind with the ideology, then here is a quick interpretation of the course.
Primarily, the course is designed as an amalgamation of both practical and theory subjects. The structure includes case studies, activities, theoretical knowledge, skills development, expected situations, and so on.
The Course Duration of B.ed
- To finish the entire course of B.ed here will take 2 years to a minimum and 5 years to maximum. To know the details better, check out the below-mentioned table irrespective of the year of study.
During your first year of the B.ed course in IGNOU, the elements are divided into five categories and credits.
|Methodology (content based) 2||8|
|EPC – 1 and 2||4|
After completing the first year, when you will reach the second year, the program structure will vary and the credits as well.
|EPC – 3 and 4||4|
On the whole, there are 72 credits that you will have to grab to grab the degree of B.ed for this university. The structure mentioned above is a preview, and for further detailed analysis, you must download it from the official website.
Internship Program – All along with the two-year course, you have to attend the internship program compulsorily. It will include 16 credit points for 20 weeks.
Hence, follow up with the entrance examination and score good marks. The complete organization of IGNOU’s B.ed course will channelize you with a powerful and fruitful career ahead.